Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 ounces asparagus, blanched (175g)
- 2⁄3 cup smoked salmon, slivered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the fettuccine for 8-10 minutes until tender but firm.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and cook garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add to drained pasta along with milk and cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently for four to five minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand two to three minutes to thicken more. Stir in dill and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in blanched asparagus, salmon and lemon juice. Garnish each serving with more freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Dinner was extra special last night after serving this! Even my picky DS loved it and he is hard to please. Make sure you go easy on the nutmeg, so it doesn't overpower the other flavors. Will make again! Oops, I forgot to add that I used fresh poached salmon instead of the smoked, and we loved it!