Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 ounces asparagus, blanched (175g)
- 2⁄3 cup smoked salmon, slivered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the fettuccine for 8-10 minutes until tender but firm.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil and cook garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add to drained pasta along with milk and cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently for four to five minutes, until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand two to three minutes to thicken more. Stir in dill and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in blanched asparagus, salmon and lemon juice. Garnish each serving with more freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.