Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hey, my mama taught me this I'm now 63. I make it for those sweet moments when I want to feel her near.
- 10 -12 shucked oysters (2 jars more or less)
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 large minced onion
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the onions and celery and wilt them.
- Using a colander drain the oysters over the pan.
- Let cook down.
- Add the flour and cook as you would for a white sauce.
- Slowly add the half and half creating a thin cream sauce.
- Add the oysters and cook until the edges curl.
- Re-season with salt and white pepper.