Recipe by Roxy M
I got this recipe from a dear friend. I have made it numerous times and it has never failed. This recipe can be used as a basic recipe where you add your favorite fruit, but is delicious just the way it is!
- 2 cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon plain sweet biscuit crumbs (extra)
- 3 (250 g) packets cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter.
- Press into 22cm pie dish and chill.
- Preheat oven to 150 Celcius.
- Place fresh cream, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and custard powder in large bowl and beat like mad.
- Add vanilla, beat.
- Mixture should be smooth and creamy. Spoon into base and sprinkle with extra biscuit crumbs on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the cake starts splitting on top.
- The top should be pale gold.
- Remove from oven, cool.