Recipe by Richard-NYC
A simple flavorful butter cookie. My mom made these every Christmas and whenever a new baby was born. They are named after her friend Carmella.
- 1 lb butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour (sifted)
- colored crystal sugar or mini chocolate chips or chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until cookie dough comes together.
- Drop cookies by tablespoons.
- Dip cookies into colored sugar or nuts anything you want.
- Bake on ungreased cookies sheet at 350 for 10 minutes. Cookies should be golden around the edges. Watch them.
- Yield depends on cookie size.