Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
GREAT on salads!!!! Lovely for snacking.
- 1 cup pecans, shelled (you will end up using more as not to waste syrup)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter, diced (veggie oil ok)
- 1 teaspoon salt (use regular salt, not kosher or sea salt)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a microwavable bowl or measuring cup. Zap at half power unil the butter is melted. Add maple syrup. Alternatively, melt the butter in a pan on top of the stove and add the maple syrup.
- Add pecans and mix until pecans are well covered. Spoon out pecans onto a silpat covered (or not) baking tray. There will be syrup left, so add some more pecans, mix and spoon out. Continue until all syrup is used. This method allows you to use more pecans than called for in the recipe.
- Bake for 10 minutes, take them out of the oven and stir around a bit. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes, until they have browned and the syrup has thickened to the consistency of caramel.
- Take them out of the oven, scoop the pecans out and place on a dry surface such as a kitchen counter or another baking tray. Try to separate the nuts from each other. Once completely cool, they can be stored in a closed container for weeks.
AMAZING! The flavor of the carmelized maple syrup heightened the flavor of the pecans! The salt helped with the sweetness of the maple syrup.