When we got daikon in our CSA bag, I wanted to make something a little different with it. I made pesto from the leaves, carmelized thin daikon slices, and came up with something tastier than I'd anticipated!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza dough (I use Jamie Oliver's recipe)
- 2 cups loose packed daikon greens (add other types of greens if you don't have that much)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts (or other nuts of you prefer)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F, and put pizza stone in to warm.
- 2Put daikon greens, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, peanuts, parmesan, and salt and pepper in food processor. Blend until smooth, and set aside.
- 3Chop bacon and fry in medium pan until crispy. Remove the bacon, and reserve the grease in the pan. Set bacon aside.
- 4Add sliced daikon and onion to the pan. Stir to coat with bacon grease. Add 1 teaspoons sugar and 1 teaspoons salt. Turn down the burner temperature to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally for at least 20 minutes, or until daikon is browned.
- 5Roll out dough on hot stone. Brush with a little olive oil, and poke with a fork. Put it back in the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- 6Remove the stone from the oven, and turn up the oven to 400°F Brush the pizza crust with the daikon pesto. Add carmelized daikon and onions, bacon, spinach, and cheese to pizza.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes. After you remove the pizza from the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carmelized Daikon and Bacon Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.4
- Calories from Fat 527
- Total Fat 58.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 478.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: