Recipe by sandramole
This recipe is one of the sweeter lower calorie desserts out there. It was a huge hit with all of my family and so incredibly easy to make. I had caramelized bananas at this amazing restaurant called Rios...i was having a craving and found the recipe on food.com. I could not bring myself to ingest that many calories on something so easily fixed :)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup vanilla low fat frozen yogurt
- brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons i cant believe its not butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cut banana lengthwise. Cut the halves into half -- making a total of four quarters.
- 2. Melt I cant believe its not butter! in a skillet. Keep heat on around medium low.
- 3. Brush bananas with melted "butter" from pan on a separate platter. Coat the entire banana pieces.
- 4. Place bananas into skillet.
- 5. Add brown sugar. You are mainly aiming to coat the bananas with it -- but -- you will notice that the brown sugar caramelizes pretty quick. I end up using about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and swirling the banana around in it.
- 6. Prepare a dish of low fat frozen vanilla yogurt.
- 7. Top with banana and drizzle caramel over.
- 8. Make sure your stove is turned off. :).
- 9. Eat a spoonful, close your eyes, and mmmm!