This recipe is one of the sweeter lower calorie desserts out there. It was a huge hit with all of my family and so incredibly easy to make. I had caramelized bananas at this amazing restaurant called Rios...i was having a craving and found the recipe on food.com. I could not bring myself to ingest that many calories on something so easily fixed :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut banana lengthwise. Cut the halves into half -- making a total of four quarters.
- 22. Melt I cant believe its not butter! in a skillet. Keep heat on around medium low.
- 33. Brush bananas with melted "butter" from pan on a separate platter. Coat the entire banana pieces.
- 44. Place bananas into skillet.
- 55. Add brown sugar. You are mainly aiming to coat the bananas with it -- but -- you will notice that the brown sugar caramelizes pretty quick. I end up using about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and swirling the banana around in it.
- 66. Prepare a dish of low fat frozen vanilla yogurt.
- 77. Top with banana and drizzle caramel over.
- 88. Make sure your stove is turned off. :).
- 99. Eat a spoonful, close your eyes, and mmmm!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carmelized Bananas (Lower Calorie)
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 123.4 mg
- Sodium 359.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g