Prep 5 mins
Cook 504 hrs
Carmelite water was invented in 1611 by Carmelite monks in Paris who called it "Eau de Carmes". Carmelite water was used as a perfume and toilet water, and was also taken internally as a cordial.
- 1 1⁄4 cups vodka
- 3 tablespoons dried angelica leaves, and stalks
- 3 tablespoons dried lemon balm leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, bruised
- 1 nutmeg, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cloves
- cinnamon stick
- pour the vodka into a jar.
- Add the remaining ingredients,cover tightly and shake.
- Leave in a warm place for three weeks, shaking every day.
- strain into a sterilized bottle and store in a cool place. Use within six months.