Recipe by Emily Elizabeth
This is a Filipino dish I learned from my mother-in-law. I love this recipe because you only need garlic, soy sauce & vinegar (no oil!) and in 30 mins you have wonderfully flavored chicken. As mentioned in a review, it is salty so the Filipino's eat small bites of chicken with lots of rice and veggies (pancit works very well). It certainly helps stretch your chicken. If you can't have gluten in your diet, this is certainly a recipe to try as long as you use wheat free soy sauce (La Choy works great!).
Top Review by Gadget_Queen
Fantastic! We love salty. Used a couple of boneless skinless breasts cut in chunks, Bragg's Amino Acids in place of soy sauce for gluten free, and rice wine vinegar. Served with steamed brown rice and an endive/walnut salad. Definitely a keeper! Thank you.
- 3 -4 skinless chicken drumsticks (can also use 2 drumsticks and one breast cut up)
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (La Choy is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic cloves (use four if they are small) and add to a medium sized sauce pan. Add soy sauce (La Choy is gluten free), vinegar and pepper to taste.
- Drop in chicken so it lies in one layer and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 30 minutes, turning about 3-4 times. Just be sure that you watch it and make sure that heat is not too high or the sauce will boil away.
- Serve with lots of white rice and veggies.