Marc R.'s Note:
Think of it like a caramel-filled chocolate bar surrounded by a buttery oatmeal cookie. Got this one from a friend's Facebook post and had to share it because it sounds AWESOME!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth; set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
- 3Press half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- 5Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- 6Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.
- 7Put back in oven and bake another 15-20 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- 8Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into 2"x2" squares.
- 9To make this in a 9x13 inch pan, double the recipe. :-).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carmelitas
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 211.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g