Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Think of it like a caramel-filled chocolate bar surrounded by a buttery oatmeal cookie. Got this one from a friend's Facebook post and had to share it because it sounds AWESOME!!!
- Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
- Press half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.
- Put back in oven and bake another 15-20 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into 2"x2" squares.
- To make this in a 9x13 inch pan, double the recipe. :-).