Recipe by KaraRN
Very rich dessert. Unlike the other similar recipes on zaar, this one does not use carmel ice cream topping, it uses corn syrup instead.
Top Review by 592709
This recipe was terrible. The corn syrup does not have enough flavor to make it taste like sweet caramel and hardens to the sides of the pan. It also has way too much butter in it. These do not taste like carmelitas should taste. Next time I will make one with caramels or caramel ice cream topping in it.
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, -melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white corn syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I prefer pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the 2 c flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, salt and melted butter together.
- Put half of the mixture in the bottom of a 8x8 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Pour corn syrup over top of baked half.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over top of corn syrup.
- Put last half of batter on top of chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes more or until done.