Recipe by Stephsfanny
This recipe was given to me by Katie B. and has become a requested family and friend favorite for gatherings. This is NOT the light version, so be prepared with a glass of milk and to do some extra exercise to work off these calories! But they are so worth it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oats (quick or rolled)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (melted)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or a mix of both)
- 1 (17 ounce) jar Mrs Richardson's caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and melted butter.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 glass pan (coated with nonstick cooking spray).
- Bake for 17 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and cover equally with chocolate chips and caramel topping.
- Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the top and bake for another 17 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Cool for at least 3 hours before cutting.