Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
You might wanna use microwave popcorn, but please, don't. You'll have far superior flavor if you use stove popped, or air popped corn. :)
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups stove popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all of the ingredients but the popcorn in a small sauce pan. Over VERY low heat, whisk the mixture until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted. Do not let this get above 110 degrees.
- Pour the mixture in to a large bowl. Add the popped popcorn, and stir very well with a large spoon.
- Put everything on a greased jelly roll pan, and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy. :).
Fast, easy, and simple. Flavor took a little getting used too, just different, but good, and we enjoyed very much. Made for PRMR tag.
This is easy and definitely was a crowd pleaser. I didn't think there was enough
sauce so I made up another half batch of the sugar sauce. Spread the popped corn
on a parchment lined cookie sheet and the baking time took much longer-probably closer to 20 minutes. I added odd and ends of mixed nuts such as whole almond, pecan, walnuts, etc. Some of the nuts burnt on the bottom but that was my fault. Used raw agave, a very small pinch of smoked salt (1/16 teaspoon?). Yummy! Hit the spot! Reviewed for Veg Tag/December.
Sounds delicious! I'm always looking for ways to use natural sugars too. Thank you so for posting this!