Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
my mother in law made this and brought over a loaf and i loved it with my morning coffee!!! had to make some!
- 1 (15 ounce) package spice cake mix, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped dried apple (I used fresh apple, one)
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Line 3- 4x8 loaf pans or 2 5x9 pans, with wax paper, grease wax paper.
- Combine 2/3 cup cake mix, oats, brown sugar, butter and pecans.
- Mix until crumbly. Beat applesauce, eggs, until well blended.
- Add apples and remaining cake mix to applesauce mix.
- Spread one cup of batter in pan, sprinkle 1/2 cup oat mix over top and alternate layers until all used up.
- Drizzle 1 TBLS caramel topping over loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes (I found it took longer).
- Cool 20 minutes. Makes 3 loaves.