Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
my brother gave me this recipe b/c he knows i'm always looking for quick, easy recipes that kids love. It is surprising how good you pasta and ground beef can taste when you mix a few different ingred's. Definately a good one for all you mothers.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (or as much as you want)
- Brown beef and onions in frying pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir, put in casserole dish.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on pkg and layer over meat.
- Add tomatoes, then mushroom soup.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 30 mins until hot and cheese is melted.
- Cover halfway thru if cheese starts getting dry.
I'm not a casserole girls, but even I have to admit this is a pretty good one. It's easy and freezes well. I've substituted chicken but didn't enjoy it as much. Our kids will eat it too, so that's always a bonus!! I didn't give it 5 stars because its not OUSTANDING, but it's definitely made it onto our recipe rotation for supper.