Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of our favorite munchies. It is caramel marshmallow corn, so it stays soft and chewy. I'm not sure that I would use microwave popcorn as it disintegrates easy and might not be able to hold up to the caramel well..I usually just buy a bag of popped buttered popcorn.
- Stovetop: Place butter in a pot and melt on medium heat.
- Add sugar and heat while stirring until sugar dissolves and comes to a boil (make sure it does not scorch, stir often) let boil one minute.
- take off heat and add 1/2 of marshmallows, stir and then add remaining marshmallows, stir until melted (turn heat on med/low if you need more heat to melt them-be patient, do not boil-).
- Place 1/2 popcorn in a 3 quart or large container and pour 1/2 carmello mix on top, add the rest of popcorn and carmello. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Microwave: Place brown sugar and butter a large microwavable bowl, microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Add one cup marshmallow and stir; cook one minute more.
- Add remaining marshmallow an cook one more minute, stir until dissolved and creamy.
- Immediately pour over popped corn and combine with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- If desired, with buttered hands form into popcorn balls immediately.