Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of our favorite munchies. It is caramel marshmallow corn, so it stays soft and chewy. I'm not sure that I would use microwave popcorn as it disintegrates easy and might not be able to hold up to the caramel well..I usually just buy a bag of popped buttered popcorn.
- 2 quarts popped popcorn, we usually use pre popped and buttered (I'm sure it would be fine with fresh plain popped corn, it just won't be as buttery)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Stovetop: Place butter in a pot and melt on medium heat.
- Add sugar and heat while stirring until sugar dissolves and comes to a boil (make sure it does not scorch, stir often) let boil one minute.
- take off heat and add 1/2 of marshmallows, stir and then add remaining marshmallows, stir until melted (turn heat on med/low if you need more heat to melt them-be patient, do not boil-).
- Place 1/2 popcorn in a 3 quart or large container and pour 1/2 carmello mix on top, add the rest of popcorn and carmello. Mix well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Microwave: Place brown sugar and butter a large microwavable bowl, microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Add one cup marshmallow and stir; cook one minute more.
- Add remaining marshmallow an cook one more minute, stir until dissolved and creamy.
- Immediately pour over popped corn and combine with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- If desired, with buttered hands form into popcorn balls immediately.