Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another version of a peanut butter cookie decorated and improved with miniature peanut butter cups.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- white sugar, to roll the cookies before baking
- 48 miniature peanut butter cups, wrapping and papers removed
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, blend thoroughly the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture slowly to the butter mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Form small balls-- 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. Roll each ball in white sugar. Bake @375 on ungreased cookie pans about 7 minutes. Remove to cooling racks and immediately place an unwrapped peanut butter cup onto each cookie. Allow to cool completely.