Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off another site and want to post it here for easy access. We love these burgers!
- 1 hamburger
- 2 onion rings
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 hamburger bun
- Bake Onion Rings, according to your recipe or package directions.
- Cook Bacon according to your recipe or package directions.
- Grill Hamburger until done.
- Grill Bun faces (both bottom and top) on clean grill, enough to warm up and give grill lines.
- To assemble, put 1 Tablespoon of BBQ sauce on the bottom bun.
- Place 2 Onion Rings on Bun Bottom.
- Place Burger on top of Bun.
- Place Cheese on top of Burger.
- Place 2 slices Bacon on top of Cheese.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of BBQ Sauce on Top of Bun.
- Place on Top Bun and Enjoy.
- The recipe called for a Bold and Spicy BBQ sauce. I used what I had on hand and it was still very good.
- Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.
Well DH wanted his usual hamburger with mustard and the fixens. I made mine as per this recipe and absolutely loved it. I never eat a whole burger, and DH decided mine was much better and finished it off for me. Thanks for sharing this fantastic burger. :)
Can't thank you enough for this recipe! Hubby loved it & it satisfied his "cravings" for Carl's Jr! I'm trying to duplicate some of his favorites at home to cut out fat/calories & also save a little money :-). I used a hot & spicy BBQ sauce, an 8oz extra lean burger patty, turkey bacon & pepperjack cheese. I also used a "wheat" hamburger bun that I didn't grill; just warmed it up. He really enjoyed it & asked for it again-a big plus since "imitations" aren't always easy to do! Thank u so much for sharing!
Very good and easy! A keeper!