Recipe by Chef Laurachingo
Found this in a Todd Wilbur Cookbook I think it's close to the original. Please let me know what you think. From Top Secret Recipes www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade (Lawry's works the best)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout, loosely packed
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes, large slices
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce in a shallow bowl for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a clean barbecue to medium grilling heat.
- Brown the faces of each bun in a frying pan on the stove. Keeping the pan hot.
- Cook the bacon until crisp then set aside.
- Grill the chicken breast 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon of mayonnaise on the face of each bun top and bottom.
- Divide the sprouts into 4 portions and mound on each bottom bun.
- On the sprouts place a lettuce leaf then a slice of tomato.
- Place one chicken breast half on each of the sandwiches atop the tomato.
- Next stack a slice of Swiss cheese on the chicken.
- Place 2 slices of the bacon crossed over each other and place top of bun on.
- Microwave for 15 seconds on high and enjoy.
- Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes.