Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has so many spices that I started keeping this mix pre-made. This mix recipe is just enough for one sloppy joe recipe (1 pound of ground meat). A lot of times I will finish the recipe and then keep the filling in the freezer.
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon green pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SLOPPY JOES
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together 1st 12 ingredients (all spices and brown sugar) and store in a ziploc bag.
- When ready to make sloppy Joes, brown ground turkey in large skillet.
- Mix in spice packet, then add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until desired consistency.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
- Note: I also make this entire recipe (minus the buns -- ) in advance for freezing.