Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another one of our favorites! It presents nicely and taste great. We all love the combination of flavors! This dish can be made entirely in the microwave, or finished off in the oven.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesthinly sliced smoked ham (like Carl Budding)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Cut each chicken breasts lengthwise into 4 strips. Place chicken in microwave and oven safe baking dish. Microwave, covered, for 10 minutes at 70% power, rearranging once.
- If you plan to finish cooking this dish in the oven, then pre-heat your oven to 375°F.
- Drain chicken, and wrap each piece with ham. Cover to keep warm.
- Combine soup, sour cream, and flour. Cook, uncovered, at 70% power for 4 minutes, stirring once.
- Spoon mixture over chicken.
- You can finish cooking the dish uncovered in the oven at 375 F for 20 minutes, or you can finish cooking in the microwave uncovered at 70% for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
we made this for dinner today and it is my favorit thing to eat that is not desert
Scrumptious it was indeed. I used two large packages of 2 hand trimmed breasts. Got 3 packages of 2.5 Oz smoked ham, (Carl Budding) And wrapped each piece of chicken with two slices. Retrospect I could have cut the long ones into two. But as a result anyway I was slightly stacked in my dish, just a few on a second row. Layered the sauce on the first row, put on the few pieces and put the rest of the sauce on that, spread it around with a spoon. Cooked for 3 extra minutes given the 2nd row. And it is really very, very tasty. The calories are decent, the only reason I'd give it a 4 instead of a 5 is the Saturated Fat Content, and indeed it is a bit on the rich side. Future I'll reduce the Sour Cream a bit. If someone were to modify this just slightly to reduce saturated fat content - well it'd be a 5 star for sure. You can easily ditch the Bacon, or substitute for bacon bits if you'd like. But by all means - do not pass this up! For a side dish I cooked 43390 Garlic Green Beans, omg were those good too!
This is my hubby's favorite! Carla made us all cookbooks a couple of years ago with this and many other great recipes. I think that just about all of our favorites come from there. Thanks for sharing your great recipes with us!!!