Recipe by Cookingfor7
This is similar to the ever-popular "Oreo Dessert" or "Dirt Cake", except I make mine with ice cream, and it's ohhhhh soooo much better! This is hands-down my hubby's favorite dessert.
Top Review by Sadieveggirl
This was really amazing and made enough for a large crowd. Much better than the jello oreo dessert in a box (which I love). Also, I skipped the 3/4 c butter and baking step. Just poured the ice cream mixture on the loose crumbs and it worked great (lower fat and easier). Thanks.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies, crushed to crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened (I like Breyer's Natural Vanilla)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover bottom as a greased 13" x9" baking pan with 1/2 of crushed Oreos and butter to form crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat together ice cream, pudding mix and milk.
- Pour mixture over cool crust.
- Top with whipped cream and remaining cookies.
- Freeze for one hour; then store in refrigerator.