Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I've been making for years but never thought to post. Tuna salad complete with shredded carrots, red onion, crunchy celery, sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese - enough to satisfy the even the healthiest of appetites. It is great for salads and sandwiches - I like it especially for dinner topped on a large bed of salad greens to make a filling - high protein meal.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Drain tuna.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl - feel free to add more or less mayonnaise to suit your tastes.
- Use to top salads to make a healthy lunch or dinner, or between your favorite sliced bread for a hearty, healthy sandwich.
This was so good! I served it over salad greens and it's a WW 6 point meal. I threw in some craisins and used oven-dried tomatoes from Mirj and I really enjoyed a light, refreshing and different tuna salad. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
I thought this was delicious! I really love that it's packed with veggies. I made a couple changes, one being I replaced half the mayo with plain yogurt and instead of parmesan I used feta. I know that last change is significant, but it was still delicious. I will try it again with parmesan and I'm confident it will be at least equally delicious. Thanks!
This was great. I thought the parmesan cheese was an odd ingredient but it gave the salad a nice zing. I just ate it with some fresh Italian bread and there is a ton left over in the fridge.