Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
After some experimenting I've come up with a creamed spinach recipe that was just what I was looking for. In my opinion, a much better creamed spinach than most other recipes I've tried.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 20 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet or saucepan.
- Stir in onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and simmer until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour into baking dish. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Note: If you don't want to bake this then just continue to simmer on the stove until it reaches your desired consistancy.
Another favorite from Carla!