Recipe by - Carla -
This is a quick, healthy, fresh and easy recipe to prepare. Parsley is high in Vitamin A and Iron and aids in healthy digestion.
Top Review by ElishevaH
Excellent salad. Made with regular cabbage when I didn't have chinese. Used unsweetened tinned pineapple and left the ginger out. By keeping all the cut vegetables in a sealed box in the fridge and adding pineapple and dressing just before serving I was able to make ahead by a few days. Thank you for this.
- 4 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (drained, juice reserved)
- 2 cups fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large zip-lock bag combine cabbage, parsley, pineapple, shredded carrot and thinly sliced red onion; seal and chill.
- Combine mayonnaise, whole grain mustard, ginger, pineapple juice and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste; cover and chill.
- Just before serving, pour dressing in with the zip-lock bag mixture and fumble/toss to coat.
- serve and enjoy!