Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
How can you go wrong with bacon and roasted red bell peppers?
Make and share this Carla's Bacon and Chicken Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 cup crumbled crispy bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- butter (for frying)
- sour cream (for dipping)
- guacamole (for dipping)
- Combine chicken, spices, peppers and chilies in a ziploc bag. Marinade for 2-4 hours.
- Heat chicken mixture in skillet until most of the liquid is gone.
- Fill tortillas evenly with chicken mixture, bacon and cheeses. Fold in half and press gently flatten with hands. Fry on medium heat in butter on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
I tried these last night and the whole family loved them! I left the green chiles and peppers out because my little girl can't handle to spicy yet, and I also just baked them, instead of putting them in the butter and frying them, but they were great! I will definitely be making these again soon!