This apple crisp was brought to our house for dessert by a dear friend named Carla. I had always had an aversion to cooked apples, but I wanted to be polite so I tried it. This has been one of my favorite desserts since then. I was sooo bummed out because it got lost in the move to South Africa. I had lost contact with Carla as well. Then 2 weeks ago, 3 1/2 years later, I FOUND IT! In that one box that was full of "junk" that was so important to bring with us, but not important enough to go through for 3 + years! So here it is:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients.
- 2Peel, core and slice apples.
- 3Toss in mixture and put in a greased 9 in square pan.
- 4Mix oats, brown sugar, flour and salt.
- 5Stir in butter until crumbly.
- 6Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- 7Bake at 375 for 40 min, until bubbly.
- 8You can use a bit more butter in the topping for a richer crisp.
- 9Best served hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carla's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g