Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From The Chew. Posting for safe keeping. Serving size is a guesstimate as the recipe says "over 12 servings"
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, salt, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate mixture, and then add flour. Stir just until combined. Cool mixture in refrigerator until you can work with batter.
- Form cookies into dime sized balls and roll in powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 5 minutes or fudgier cookies or up to 8 minutes for crunchier and cracked cookies. Allow to cool before serving.