Recipe by Kerena
From The Chew. Posting for safe keeping. Serving size is a guesstimate as the recipe says "over 12 servings"
Top Review by debbyyaconelli1
Have you actually tried this recipe? I just made these cookies and they did not turn out well at all. First, you forgot oven temperature. I just checked The Chews' recipe for these cookies and it is very different. I will use the original recipe next time
- 8 ounces butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently melt butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, salt, sugars and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into chocolate mixture, and then add flour. Stir just until combined. Cool mixture in refrigerator until you can work with batter.
- Form cookies into dime sized balls and roll in powdered sugar. Transfer cookies to a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 5 minutes or fudgier cookies or up to 8 minutes for crunchier and cracked cookies. Allow to cool before serving.