Recipe by Eris
This is a great way to add the very healthy sweet potato into your diet! If you're not serving them with sour cream, I would decrease the chili powder as they have a bit of a kick.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes (5-6 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut each scrubbed and unpeeled potato into 1-inch-thick wedges. Place in a container with a tight-fitting lid and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover two metal pans with aluminum foil for easy clean up, if desired and arrange the wedges on the two pans.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, 3 tsp chili powder, and honey.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender, brushing three times with orange juice mixture, and shaking pan occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1/3 cup cilantro.
- When potatoes are tender, transfer to a serving dish, and serve with sour cream mixture. Serve immediately or at room temperature.