Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Times vary as seen.
- 15 lbs caribou
- 5 lbs pork, fresh
- 3 ounces water
- 1 ounce black pepper
- 3⁄4 ounce ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 ounces ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 ounce ground allspice
- 1⁄2 ounce ground coriander
- 2 ounces paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 10 ounces salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- sausage casing
- Grind together the two meats and mix thoroughly.
- Add the water.
- Mix the spices thoroughly and mix well into meat mixture.
- If sausage is to be smoked, omit the liquid smoke.
- You may stuff sausage into casings, making 6-8" links and smoke them.
- OR make into patties for freezing.
- Or boil them: Using a sausage stuffer, fill casings about 3/4 full to allow for swelling.
- Tie the ends with string; put into a large kettle of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 1 hour, being sure to prick each sausage with a fork after boiling 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- They can also be canned after boiling.