Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The Alaskan Wilderness Cookbook. Serve with rice. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb caribou round steak, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving marinade.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add meat and stir-fry until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking until onions and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Mix cornstarch and water and add to the reserved marinade.
- Pour marinade mixture over meat and cook 5 minutes more.