2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Adapted from The Alaskan Wilderness Cookbook. Serve with rice. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb caribou round steak, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Place meat, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, and sesame oil in a large bowl.
- 2Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3Drain, reserving marinade.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- 5Add meat and stir-fry until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 6Add vegetables and continue cooking until onions and peppers are tender-crisp.
- 7Mix cornstarch and water and add to the reserved marinade.
- 8Pour marinade mixture over meat and cook 5 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribou Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.1
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1073.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.7 g