Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this many, many years ago in a book on Caribbean cuisine. The amounts of ingredients are flexible. Suit your own taste. Serve with a simple green salad.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 onions, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half rings
- 1⁄4 cup oil, preferable canola balance
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 -2 dash red chili pepper flakes
- cider vinegar
- Brown chicken in oil.
- Add spices.
- Pile in the onions on top of the chicken.
- Add vinegar to cover.
- Put a lid on the pot and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Plate it up and serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
- A cold beer goes well.