My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled,quartered
- 3 bananas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup yogurt
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2As rice cooks refrigerate cooked eggs for later use.
- 3Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise, making 12 pieces total.
- 4Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Melt half the butter (reserve remainder).
- 6Sauté bananas until lightly browned on both sides for about 4 minutes.
- 7Set bananas aside in a covered dish and hold warm.
- 8Melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- 9Sauté onion, apple and garlic until tender (about 4 minutes).
- 10Stir in curry, lemon peel, ginger, coriander, turmeric and red pepper flakes and toss until evenly coated.
- 11Add black-eyed peas, kidney beans, vegetable stock and raisins.
- 12Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
- 13Remove from heat.
- 14Stir in yogurt until well mixed.
- 15Place cooked rice on a serving platter.
- 16Arrange reserved banana pieces on platter.
- 17Spoon bean mixture over top.
- 18Garnish with egg wedges, radish, green onion, cilantro and peanuts.
- 19Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Vegetarian Curry
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: