- 2 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 lbs red yams or 2 lbs sweet potatoes, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1 orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice with the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Place the yams or sweet potatoes in an ovenproof dish, pour the juice mixture over, and top with the orange slices.
- Cover with a lid or foil and put in the oven for 50 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Cut them crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Serve hot or cold as a side dish.