Recipe by Meghan at Food.com
I adapted this from one of Sandra Lee's recipes. Her cookbook says this makes four servings, but my husband and I definitely got six servings!
Top Review by threeovens
Dahlicious! You'd never know it was made with ground TURKEY. I used white beans instead of black, but that was the only change. Thanks for posting such an easy, healthy recipe. Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup peach juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and garlic; cook and stir about 5 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until chili has thickened.