Recipe by internetnut
Delicious, Versatile, and Perfect for people counting calories. I found this in Better Homes & Gardens magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 onion, peeled and cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, root peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tsps ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush pineapple and onion slices with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil. Grill over medium-high heat until light brown on both sides; cool. Discard pineapple core. Mince pineapple and onion.
- Combine next five ingredients in saucepan. Simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for 10 minutes; cool and reserve.
- Mix turkey, 1/2 cup pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning and black pepper. Make 4 patties. Brush each with 1/2 teaspoons oil. Grill burgers over medium heat to 165.
- Put on buns and top with chutney.