Delicious, Versatile, and Perfect for people counting calories. I found this in Better Homes & Gardens magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled and cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1 onion, peeled and cut 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger, root peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon tsps ground allspice
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
- 1Brush pineapple and onion slices with 1 1/2 tablespoon oil. Grill over medium-high heat until light brown on both sides; cool. Discard pineapple core. Mince pineapple and onion.
- 2Combine next five ingredients in saucepan. Simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Add red pepper and cook for 10 minutes; cool and reserve.
- 3Mix turkey, 1/2 cup pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning and black pepper. Make 4 patties. Brush each with 1/2 teaspoons oil. Grill burgers over medium heat to 165.
- 4Put on buns and top with chutney.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Turkey Burger
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: