Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to make and very refreshing on a hot day. This has been adapted from Rita G. Springer's 'Caribbean Cookbook'. I never add the sugar. Obviously, you could add a shot of vodka to make it rather more daring.
- 2 cups unsweetened tomato juice, chilled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or more)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or more)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 -3 small celery ribs (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except the celery ribs, in a jar that has a lid.
- Cover and shake well.
- Pour into glasses and add celery sticks as stirrers.
I loved this recipe! I changed a few things sorry..I made my own tomato juice and added some hot peppers(didn't need the sugar with the peppers) and I was good to go, Thank for the recipe. I am new to juicing and this site has been great giving me some tastier recipes to get back in good health. (every one seems to use vodka and omg i wish I could!)
This was great to make and very yummy, tasted a lot like a bloody mary. Next time I will try it with the vodka.
I made this for PAC 2010. I added 1 oz vodka to this to make it a cocktail. Delish.