Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my original coffee drink for Team Hot Stuff, ZWT 9. May be enjoyed hot or iced. Time does not include chilling if serving cold.
- 4 cups strong brewed jamaican blue mountain coffee
- 8 teaspoons demerara sugar (or to taste)
- 8 tablespoons jamaican rum (use more if you like, this amount works for me)
- 8 tablespoons coconut cream
- whipped cream
- allspice (to sprinkle lightly on top)
- Brew the coffee and chill if making iced coffee.
- Divide ingredients (sugar through coconut cream) into each glass and mix well.
- When mixed add the coffee (include ice if serving cold).
- Garnish with whipped cream and a small pinch of allspice.
This was tasty, even if rum is not my favorite liquor. I made mine into ice coffee, as written. I'll add a little more sugar next time. I only used 1/2 teaspoon since I did not want it to sweet. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013
Son of a gun, that was hot stuff! Made as written, except that I reduced the rum to one tablespoon - I don't do well with coffee and alcohol in the same cup. As my coconut cream and whipped cream aren't sweetened, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and it was perfect for me. Thanks for sharing this treat!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Coffee Challenge for the Caribbean for The Apron String Travelers
I thoroughy enjoyed this coffee this morning as a treat, adjusting the ingredients to my needs. I did scale the recipe down for one person. Loved the allspice and coconut cream. :D Made for ZWT 2013 Coffee Challenge for the Caribbean. Thanks!