1/2 Photos of Caribbean Sweet Potato Soup With Ginger Shrimp
Incredibly easy but lovely enough for company. The assortment of condiments allows guest to tailor the entry to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced into 1 inch cubes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium limes, juice of
- 3 tablespoons ginger, finely grated (or minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1For the soup, place sweet potatoes, a cup of the coconut milk and the broth in a stock pot. Bring to a low boil and simmer 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- 2Place potatoes and liquid in a food processor and blend until smooth, adding lime juice and the remaining coconut milk as needed.
- 3For the shrimp, mix together the ingredients in a plastic bag. Marinade the cleaned shrimp for one hour in the fridge. Broil or grill shrimp for five minutes until done.
- 4For the bananas, place banana slices in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Broil 2-3 minutes. Turn bananas over and broil another minute or two until they are a bit soft and lightly browned.
- 5Ladle soup into bowls and top with shrimp. Serve condiments in small bowls on the side.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Sweet Potato Soup With Ginger Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (684 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.2
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 1159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 39.6 g