1/2 Photos of Caribbean Sweet Potato Salad
untested by me. Posted for ZWT III
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1Place potato pieces into a large saucepan, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down, and simmer for 5 minutes approximately
- 2Add the sweet potato, and cook about 8-10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender but still firm enough to hold their shape.
- 3Once the potatoes are tender, add corn kernels; cook another 30 seconds. Drain through a colander.
- 4Fill the saucepan with cold water, and drop vegetables into water. Cool for 5 minutes, and drain.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, lime juice, coriander, and garlic. Slowly whisk in oil. Mix in salt and black pepper.
- 6Add cooled potatoes, to dressing along with cucumber, and red onion. Toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Toss the peanuts in just before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 255.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g