untested by me. Posted for ZWT III
Make and share this Caribbean Sweet Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 teaspoon prepared dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Place potato pieces into a large saucepan, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down, and simmer for 5 minutes approximately
- Add the sweet potato, and cook about 8-10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender but still firm enough to hold their shape.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add corn kernels; cook another 30 seconds. Drain through a colander.
- Fill the saucepan with cold water, and drop vegetables into water. Cool for 5 minutes, and drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, lime juice, coriander, and garlic. Slowly whisk in oil. Mix in salt and black pepper.
- Add cooled potatoes, to dressing along with cucumber, and red onion. Toss well. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Toss the peanuts in just before serving.