Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is compliments of the Louisianna Sweet Potato Commission and I first tasted it when a co-worker brought it in for a pot luck dinner. Weird approach, really good bread. If you can't find the marinade, use 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning.
- 15 ounces yams, drained and mashed
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lawry's Caribbean jerk marinade
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 2 4x8 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- n a large bowl beat together the yams and eggs until fluffy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of batter in each loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.