Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Caribbean version of Tequila Sunrise. Have the cracked or shaved ice ready.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark rum
- 5 drops grenadine
- Combine the lemon juice, orange juice and sugar in a shaker and muddle briefly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rum, and several drops of grenadine (at least 5!), and some cracked ice.
- Cover and shake for about 10 seconds, or when the shaker is quite cold.
- Strain into a chilled, 5 ounce whisky sour glass.
This is great.I didn,t have any grenadine so my sister=in law gave me some
A great variation on a tequila sunrise! This is one of my friends favorite drinks to order at the bar, but I've never tried to make it. I might try this with light rum in the future, but my roommate and I both really loved this! Thanks Mme Melissa!
I thought this was a good drink, I did sub coconut rum for the dark rum and gave it a little bit of a twist. I thought it was easy to make as well.