Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This will be a good one for summer--which is right around the corner.
Make and share this Caribbean Summer Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons limes or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (I prefer real onion)
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 medium nectarines or 2 medium peaches, pitted and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (about 3 ears grilled corn, cut from cob)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- In large bowl, blend orange juice, lime juice, honey and seasonings.
- Thoroughly mix in fruit and vegetables.
- Serve immediately or chill up to 4 hours.
I thought this had a really good unique flavor and it will be added to my regular recipes. Its perfect for summer and goes with everything. I did adjust the spices to my tatse using half of what was called for of the thyme, seasoning salt, & red pepper. I also used drained, canned, white corn to make this easier to whip up. Thanks for sharing this recipe!