- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.