- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 12 ounces cooked lean boneless pork, cut into bite-size strips
- 3 plantains, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packagefrozen pepper stir fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven combine the beans, broth and water; heat to boiling.
- Add the pork, plantains, and tomatoes to the bean mixture.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables, ginger, cumin, the 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, and the salt.
- Return miture to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until plantains are tender.
- Serve with hot rice.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional crushed red pepper.