1/1 Photo of Caribbean-Style Grilled Seafood Soup
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Found at recipe.aol. com for ZWT5
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 medium sea scallops
- 283.49 g fish fillets (mackeral or kingfish)
- 226.79 g lobster tails, shelled
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large yellow onions, diced small
- 3 stalk celery, diced small
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 1419.0 ml bottled clam juice
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 226.79 g fresh okra, thickly sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (white is best if you have it)
- 59.16 ml lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 29.58 ml fresh chili peppers (minced)
- 44.37 ml cilantro (chopped)
- 1Over a hot fire, grill each kind of seafood separately. The shrimp will take approximately 3 to 4 minutes per side, the scallops 3 minutes per side, the kingfish 5 minutes per side, and the lobster 4 minutes per side. As each is done, remove it from the grill, and set aside. (Note: You are looking for the seafood to get some color on its surface: Don't worry too much about cooking it completely, since it will finish in the broth.).
- 2In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat the oil until very hot but not smoking. Sauté the onion and celery in the hot oil until clear, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and sauté an additional minute.
- 3Add the wine, clam juice, cumin, and allspice to the pot, and bring to a simmer.
- 4Add the sweet potato, okra, and tomato, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5At this point, add any of the seafood that is not completely cooked, and simmer for 4 more minutes.
- 6Just before serving, add the remainder of the seafood, and simmer for 1 minute, just to warm it through. Remove the pot from the heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, toss in the lime juice, chili peppers, and cilantro, and stir briefly.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean-Style Grilled Seafood Soup
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 857.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 32.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: