Recipe by **Jubes**
Adapted from a reader recipe submitted to a Women's magazine . To make this recipe gluten-free suitable- use a gf flour for dusting the fish (my preference is sorghum flour). The suggested fish was Sea Bass, but you can use any fish fillets of your choice.
Top Review by Nita S.
Delicious. I made this and used a whole scotch bonnet as well as adding in a 1tbs of white wine vinegar and the flavours take me right back to Mo'Bay. Served with a side of fried breadfruit.... Definately recommend this .
- 4 fish fillets
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers (heat of choice) or 1 red chili (heat of choice)
- 6 stems fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- plain flour, for dusting (gluten-free if required for diet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the fish and pat it dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Squeeze a few drops of lemon or lime juice on to the flesh.
- Place the garlic, onion, spring onion, chilli, coriander and seasoning into a small blender and purée to a paste.
- Spread the paste over the fish and leave it to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Put some plain flour in a bowl and dip the fish in it.
- Place the fish in the hot oil, without overcrowding the pan. Fry the fish on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with a light salad on the side.