Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from a reader recipe submitted to a Women's magazine . To make this recipe gluten-free suitable- use a gf flour for dusting the fish (my preference is sorghum flour). The suggested fish was Sea Bass, but you can use any fish fillets of your choice.
- 4 fish fillets
- 1 lemons or 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers (heat of choice) or 1 red chili (heat of choice)
- 6 stems fresh coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- plain flour, for dusting (gluten-free if required for diet)
- Wash the fish and pat it dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Squeeze a few drops of lemon or lime juice on to the flesh.
- Place the garlic, onion, spring onion, chilli, coriander and seasoning into a small blender and purée to a paste.
- Spread the paste over the fish and leave it to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Put some plain flour in a bowl and dip the fish in it.
- Place the fish in the hot oil, without overcrowding the pan. Fry the fish on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with a light salad on the side.