Recipe by COOKGIRl
Actually, fried and baked. This is easy to put together! Equally good hot from the oven or served cold at a picnic. The first time I made this I used skinless chicken and it was really delicious! From The Caribbean Cookbook by Hermes' House Publications.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 2 and used what we call a Maryland cut (thigh and leg kept intact) and when eating it was OMG the curry flavour (I used a hot Madras home made curry mix and I can assure you that it is blow you socks off material) but the taste on the chicken was fantastic even though it only had 2 1/2 hour to marinate and after browning I allowed 45 minutes to cook and the result was beautifully moist chicken that was oh so delicious, thank you Cookgirl, made Make My Recipe/
- 4 chicken drumsticks, about 1 pound total
- 4 chicken thighs, about 1 pound total
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (homemade is best)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (I used smoked paprika)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup flour (or more)
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the marinade and toss to coat with the chicken pieces in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours but up to 12 hours. The longer it marinates, the more intense the flavor.
- Once marinade time is completed, transfer the chicken pieces to a bowl and soak in the milk for 15-20 minutes. Transfer back to the baking dish. Discard the milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan heat up a little bit of oil. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, shake off the excess flour, and add to the heated pan. Do not crowd the pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces until light brown but not cooked all the way through.
- With slotted spoon, transfer the chicken pieces back to the baking dish and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.